Ring of Fire Cupcakes. Click here for the how-to!
Vanilla Bean Panna Cotta with Strawberry Rhubarb Compote
Vanilla Bean Panna Cotta Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/4 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1 3/4 cups cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup half and half or whole milk
- Pinch salt
- 1 - 2 drops 100% Pure Lemon Essential Oil
- 1/2 of a vanilla bean, seeds only
Strawberry Rhubarb Compote Ingredients:
- 2 cups 1/2-inch pieces fresh rhubarb
- 2 cups strawberries, hulled and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch, if desired (to thicken)
Panna Cotta Directions:
- Sprinkle the gelatin over the of water in a small bowl. Let sit to soften.
- Put the half and half or milk in a small saucepan with the sugar over medium heat and heat until bubbles form around the edges. Whisk until all the sugar is dissolved.
- Take off the heat and whisk in the gelatin mixture until completely dissolved.
- Whisk in the cream, salt, lemon essential oil, and vanilla bean seeds.
- Divide the panna cotta mixture between four 6 - 8 ounce individual serving containers and chill until set. Before serving, top with spoonfuls of strawberry rhubarb compote.
For the Strawberry Rhubarb Compote
- Combine rhubarb, sugar, and 1 tablespoon lemon juice in a heavy large saucepan. Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until rhubarb is tender, stirring occasionally, about 4 minutes.
- Add the cornstarch to the remaining 1 tablespoon lemon juice and add to the rhubarb mixture.
- Add strawberries, and simmer for 2-3 minutes, uncovered.
- Transfer rhubarb mixture to bowl. Cover and chill until cold, about 2 hours. Can be made 1 day ahead. Keep refrigerated.
Nutella Lovers Cheesecake
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup hazelnuts, toasted
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 3 (8 ounce) blocks cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Nutella
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts, for garnish
- In a food processor, pulse together the graham crackers, powdered sugar and hazelnuts.
- Add the butter and pulse a couple more times to incorporate.
- Press into a 9 inch springform pan. Chill in the fridge until ready to use.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat together the cream cheese and sugar.
- Add the vanilla extract.
- Blend in the eggs, one at a time and mix until full incorporated before adding the next.
- Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Cool at room temperature and then chill at least 6 hours.
- To make the ganache, stir together the Nutella and cream over low heat until completely blended together.
- Cool 30 minutes. Spread on top of cheesecake and sprinkle with chopped hazelnuts. Chill until firm. Cut and serve.
The neon pots are blowing up! Go check them out on the blog!
Neon Plant Pots | The Proper Pinwheel
The thing with IKEA is that more often than not, you can pick out straight away that the item is from IKEA! I walk into someone’s house, see their pillows and go - IKEA. I watch tv shows and see someone’s bed and say - IKEA! IKEA is great for cheap items which is great for us low income earners (and those of us who constantly change their tastes!) but it can be a bit impersonal. Adding your own DIY touch to items means that you get the cheap price but it’s still ‘yours’. There are lots of great sites out there that show you how to do this (IKEA Hacks is great!) but you can’t go past a super quick makeover this - some neon spray paint brings these cheapo pots into the now (trendy pots!) and make them your own.
The time has finally come. The Proper Pinwheel recently got a makeover and can be found at www.theproperpinwheel.com.
This tumblr will still stay up and be updated as well. Mostly photos and a little text. More tumblr-esque!
Stop by the new site, take a look, and tell me what you think!